Sunday, February 10, 2008

New Home for CFCL Internet Headquarters

If you've visited the CFCL page (http://members.aol.com/dmahlan/index.html) anytime in the past few days, you may have noticed a rather disturbing development -- huge banners across the top of the page. One labeling the page as belonging to AOL Hometown and one above that for an AOL advertiser. What the????

Ok, I realize that some of you will reply that it's my own damn fault for belonging to AO-Hell, but, hey, the rest of the family likes it and it's always been a cheap (as in, free with my AOL membership) and fairly convenient host for the CFCL page.

These ads don't sit well with me, however, so I'm taking my HTML and going home. To a new home, that is. From now and for the foreseeable future, the CFCL page will be hosted at Comcast:

A number of the history pages will continue to live at Geocities, because with the Draft Day audio clips and historical documents, those sections of the site take up a ton of space. Most of the day-to-day things will be at Comcast, though, and should remain ad-free.

If you're clicking around the site and either end up back at AOL (trust me, you'll notice the banners) or find something that doesn't display or a dead link, please shoot me an e-mail.

Oh, and I encourage you not to support any of the AOL banner sponsors...

No comments: