Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Virtual Awards Banquet

One of the more popular features of our annual CFCL Awards Banquet (along with the pizza, awards announcements, all-time history packet, and always sparkling conversation), is the opening of some vintage baseball card packs. I was happy to be able to continue the tradition last year after having run out of pack the year before, but I got a new stash and hopefully we'll be able to keep it going.

And now, you'll be able to experience that same thrill (kind of) right there in front of your computer monitor. I just came across a blog that is working through the 1988 Topps set (20th Anniversary), posting images and thoughts about each card, one by one.

They're already 100+ cards into the set, but check them out at:
http://88topps.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool. I enjoyed my pack from this year and gave my one-year-old son his first-ever baseball card: Brian Oelkers. Although Jake wasn't talking much at the time, he appeared to enjoy the taste of the card.

Anonymous said...

Did you smear some Gerber's pureed bananas on it first Kenn? :)