Friday, March 7, 2008

IMPORTANT: CBS Sportsline News

A few important notes about CFCL happenings at our stat service:
  • I have moved all players on each team to the Reserve List. I've read in various forums that unless this is done prior to a new season position eligibility won't be updated for the new season. In other words guys who qualified at a position in 2007 based on 2006 games played would still be allowed there even if they didn't play the required 20 games at the position in 2007. Just to be safe, I thought it would be best to reserve everyone and hopefully reset position eligibility for 2008.
  • This moving of players to reserve has an additional benefit -- it will allow a kind of Spring Training for each of you. With the new transaction processes, you will each be responsible for making your own active/reserve moves each Monday and Friday. I know many of you have never done this before, so this will give you some practice and moving guys between Active and Reserve and setting positions. You should all have access to do this on your team page at Sportsline, and it should be pretty intuitive -- on my view there are simply drop-down boxes at the far right for each player: one to set Active or Reserve, and the other to set positions. Give it a try and let me know if you have any questions.
  • I've also turned off the ability to set keepers at Sportsline - we'll be using the traditional (for the CFCL) method of the Excel cut sheets. There are a couple reasons for this - first, as Commissioner at Sportsline, I'd be able to see your keepers and cuts prior to the cut deadline, which wouldn't be fair. Also, there seems to be a pretty hard and fast number of keepers, and we allow more flexibility than Sportsline does (variable number of minor league keepers, etc). While I originally thought using Sportsline for keepers would save me a ton of administrative overhead, it now looks like it would be a lot more trouble than help.

No comments: