Monday, March 24, 2008

2008 CFCL Draft Kit

2008 CFCL Draft Kit
Ok, here are the details you've been panting for - who's been released and how each team stands going into Draft Day.

Rather than try to cram everything into a blog post here, I've assembled the Draft Kit on a separate page:


You CFCL veterans will recognize most of it, as it doesn't change significantly from year to year (Rich was able to quote some of the standard lines verbatim in an e-mail to me earlier this week). But veteran or rookie, I encourage you all to read through everything there - a little refresher never hurt anyone.

Of course the real meat of the kit is the list of players that were cut by their CFCL teams and copies of the pre-Draft rosters. Along with that info, you'll also find directions to Draft Day Headquarters, our guidelines for keeping Draft Day running smoothly and quickly, and random other tidbits.

Once I get this post published, I'll head on over to Sportsline and update those rosters. As noted in this post, it would be a good idea for you to visit your roster page and make sure you know how to reserve and activate players, as well as change positions. This time next week, you'll be doing it yourself...

That's it for now, but you'll be hearing from me via e-mail a few times over the next week, and it wouldn't be a bad idea to check back here once in a while in case there are updates. Every year a couple incorrect details get published - guys get put in the wrong spot on a roster or there's a mathematical error. We try to catch and correct these as soon as possible - please help out: if you notice something that seems wrong, let me know.

See everyone on Sunday!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just to give everyone a heads-up, I'm planning on putting Matsui and Shawn Hill on the Disabled List before the draft, so I think I'll have 18 players to buy, not 16.

Da

David Mahlan said...

Matt G. has pointed out an inconsistency in the Stones' information in the Draft Kit. They should have $1.65 to spend on 12 players (.14 average). This is because they placed Yovani Gallardo on Reserve - they have to pay his salary (which I neglected to account for) but have an additional guy to draft (which I DID account for). I will get an updated Draft Kit posted tongiht.

Anonymous said...

At the risk of making this a far too common habit, I again find myself agreeing with Matt! I sent my sheet in with the right amounts but David is slipping guys.

But be forewarned David, I am doubke and triple checking Matts list, that little son of a mumble mumble!

David Mahlan said...

The Draft Kit has been updated for the correction to the Stones' roster. Note however, that I will NOT be updating it to reflect post-Freeze moves such as Kenn mentioned in his comment above. These will be sent via e-mail and will reflect the current players needed/money to spend for the team making the moves.