Saturday, April 5, 2008

OOF

The CFCL Front Office is proud to welcome a new member, Eric Lamb, who will serve as our Officer of FAAB (OOF). It will be Eric's responsibility to receive all free agent bids made as part of the Free Agent Acquisition Budget (FAAB) process and to forward them on to me for processing after the 3:00 PM Sunday deadline has passed (refer to the post below for details on the FAAB process).

Eric has set up a new e-mail address at cfcl_faab@live.com to receive free agent bids, and only he has the password for that account. This, of course, means that after 20-some years of receiving all the free agent bids, I can now make my own bids without having to worry about what it will look like if I outbid someone on a key free agent like, say, Mark Teixeira.

Shortly after 3:00 each Sunday, Eric will go into the FAAB mailbox and simply forward all the e-mails to me for processing. A few nots/disclaimers on this:

1) Eric's doing this as a huge favor to the CFCL, so I don't exactly expect him to put his personal life on hold to process free agent bids. I've talked to him about it and he feels that he'll typically be around enough on Sunday afternoons to forward on the bids, but there may be instances where he can't get to it until 3:30 or 4:00, or even later. I'm sure we'll all survive these short delays...

2) Eric and I have tested communications between our e-mail addresses and things seem to work promptly. There is always the possibility of an e-mail going missing or something, so I'll ask for everyone's understanding in advance if for some reason we have to back-out a previously announced winning bid because an e-mail got missed.

3) The cfcl_faab@live.com address should be used ONLY to submit free agent bids for Sunday. Eric will likely only be checking this address for 10 minutes once a week, so don't send him questions, follow-up roster moves, or anything like that. Send all that stuff to my regular AOL address.

4) There may be times when Eric knows in advance that he will be unavailable all day/evening on a Sunday. In that case, we'll either send an announcement that the free agent bids for that week should be sent to me, or, better yet, Eric will give the password to the CFCL FAAB mailbox to another trusted resource who can process the bids in his place. This person will of course be known as the BOOF (Backup Officer of FAAB).

Many thanks to Eric for helping us out with this - it's great to have him still involved in the CFCL!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If Eric elects to pick me as his backup, I'd prefer to be called Da Officer of FAAB or the big DOOF.

David Mahlan said...

Nah, DOOF is Designated Officer Of FAAB