Friday, August 1, 2008

IFAB Day Results

NOTE: Revised to remove Revenge acquisition of Craig Hansen. They did not have enough FAAB left. He realized this, but in my haste to get the results posted I mis-read Tim's message. Thanks to Kenn for catching this.

The 2008 Interleague Free Agent Bidding Day saw eight teams take part in spirited bidding on a number of players. Manny Ramirez and Casey Kotchman both recieved guaranteed 2009 contracts from their new owners.

Here are the full bidding results:

Manny Ramirez
.50 Stones (release Esteban Loaiza)
.43 Moore Better (Tony Gwynn Jr)
.39 Copperfields (Travis Denker)
.35 Dem Rebels (Chris Duffy)
.28 Revenge (Jacque Jones)

Casey Kotchman
.28 Revenge (release Jacque Jones)
.24 Moore Better (Sean Gallagher)
.24 Clowns (Jon Leiber)
.17 Ruffins (Matt Clement)
.15 Copperfields (Travis Denker)

Brandon Moss
.24 Copperfields (release Ryan Freel)
.13 Ruffins (Omar Vizquel)
.08 Kenndoza Line (somebody LeBlanc)

Arthur Rhodes
.05 Copperfields (release Scott Eyre)

Jeff Karstens
.07 Ruffins (release Matt La Porta)

Chuck James
.05 Copperfields (release Jo-Jo Reyes)

Mike Adams
.05 Copperfields (release Brad Ausmus)

Sportsline rosters will be updated with the new acquisitions later tonight.

3 comments:

Rich Bentel said...

Steve -

Nice pick up! Bold, daring, makes a statement. I hope this means you'll be back sweating it out with us in Oak Brook next March. I'll make special arrangements for you and Bob to sit next to each other so you can share stories of the excitement of owning .50+ players with guaranteed contracts.

Anonymous said...

I'd be glad to sit next to Steve next March but we'll only be talking about HIS .50 player with a guaranteed contract as Mr. CC (am I allowed to put a period after the Mr?) will be back in the AL where he belongs! (I wish and I hope and I pray....I wish and I hope and I pray....)

Bob

Steve O said...

I have the same expectations for Manny. It would be an honor to sit next to Bob, as we share the trophy this year. Looks like Redhots are now the team to beat!